CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

LAST WEDNESDAY TRAINING

Daniel had his going away party at the Fire Station on Wednesday it was wonderful! I didn't even have to host it which makes it that much better. I t was a little strange because everyone was there for HIM! He/we felt a little uncomfortable because some of the guys are like brand new so they don't really know him. Anyway it was great. We had these huge steaks, hashbrowns, salad, coleslaw and cake.
Left is Lieutenant Scott McGuire, Captain Mark Henderson, Daniel Morgan
Chief Steve Johnson, and Asst. Chief Scott Norman
Every Wednesday night at 7 pm since April 2006 Daniel has gone to fire training at the Fire Station here. He has been a volunteer Firemen and loves it, he loves to serve!
That night these 4 gentlemen told stories of Daniel and why they were so fortunate in
having him on the Department. They all even said if they were ever trapped in a house that they would want Daniel to come in after them. They call him HOSS or OX in the Department and for
GOOD reason! he can pack anyone around. He is going to miss them. It was sweet to see grown men cry.
Women always dap the tears and MEN rub their eyes( don't they know that can cause wrinkles) ha, one guy we call BULL said "Honey check if there is something in there it just KEEPS watering" It was a great night filled with lots of support. Everyone there has offered to help if I need them, and they said they would drive by my house just to check on me which I need so GREAT.

Daniel cutting his cake in GINORMOUS peices. YUM store bought generally not my favorite but it was marble with raspberry filling and sweet sweet frosting.

I thought it was beautiful and they even set off his pager and paged everyone who wasn't there to come and wish him luck as he goes off to the USAF.


This pic isn't my favorite but I wanted to put us on here. I'm sitting on his lap and I look like a huge monster on him but I PROMISE he is bigger than me, not by much but still he IS BIGGER!!!

4 comments:

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

so freakin cute! i just love you guys! i cant wait for you to come to my state!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't belive the time has really come! I wish the best of luck for both of you guys!! Love the fire cake by the way!

Ali said...

It seems like firemen would have a bond like no other- and with good reason too! That's awesome that he works with such great people! That cake looks awesome, and the picture of the two of you is cute. :)

Kaela said...

Awww... it is hard for me to imagine such big strong looking guys so emotional. SO NEAT though!! Good luck with the adventure on the horizon!!