CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally it's happened to me....





So this is my honey in Basic Training.... I have been meaning to write but nothing seemed to come to my head, and the emotions I have about Daniel being gone are strong and very personnal. Daniel has been gone since October 7th and that pretty much was the last time we talked. And I was so worried about the whole shaved head thing like I would be all freaked out or something.... wrong-o- I think he looks great! Wowee. Everyday I write him a little more and the first letter/book was 11 pages and the second one was 7 pages, and this one I'm working on is 2.5 pages! I write him when I wake up, get home from work and then right before I go to bed. I try not to change the things we did daily, so he kinda knows what's going on with me.... Sunday's are the perspective calling days so I thought, well after another Sunday came and went with no phone call I started to get a little sad. Today was a hard day for me. I have received nothing from him no letters or anything. (except a STRICT 2 minute brief of his address) For some reason today as I was getting ready to put my cash drawer away I had this feeling to turn on the ringer on my celly, just then I was in the back room and I heard my phone ring which as popular as one thinks I am.... IT NEVER RINGS. I ran and answered it.... ahhh TEXAS was calling me... and my sweet honeys voice on the other end, on a random Tuesday!!!! HALELUA I was dying! He said I got a 10 minute phone call which they call "patio time" he had the cleanest locker (rock on)!!! Our phone call lasted 14 minutes and 32 seconds, it was AWESOME. I love talking to him, we laughed we cried it was fantastic. I was able to ask him all the questions I was dying to.

He is doing great, he said "guess how much I weigh?" 201!!!! PUKE guess that means I'll be UP IN THE GYM JUST WORKIN ON MY FITNESS.... He was sick and has been sick since 3 days after he got there, so that mixed with him being hoarse from yelling I couldn't really recognize his voice.... unless he laughed or said some key Daniel lines. He said "his voice was wacked out!" He said that he is good and shhhh.... but it's all pretty easy. But you know he is 27 and has had life expreiences and Daniel has been working his butt off for this, so he is pretty much in shape already. He even said he has only been yelled at 3 times... ONLY! Not bad I guess. well only 4 weeks left and we just can't wait!!!! He sounds happy and he has written me 3 letters... YEAH I can't wait. He said he has to sneak them because phone calls and letter writing are considered "PRIVELEGES" I just can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Thats great that you finally got to hear from him!! I hope you can be with him soon, I can't even imagine what its like.

Ali said...

That's really sweet that you would get the impression to turn your ringer on at just the right time! The Lord's tender mercies and knows what's MOST important to us and what our most needs are. I love that story. I'm glad you didn't miss the call!! And Im glad he's doing so well.

Brittne said...

Hello! It's great to hear that you are adjusting to the military life... I can't believe how time flies. Pretty soon you will not know how to live without the military regimen. I am glad you are doing well. Texas is a long ways a way, but those dang phones, aren't they just wonderful...

Kaela said...

Wow- these stories are making me appreciate all of the people that serve our country so much more. I've seen all sorts of movies about the hard stuff they go through, but have never heard it from the wife's perspective or from a friend of mine. Thanks for sharing and I will try to remember to keep you both in my prayers!! Hope you are able to get to Texas soon. And wish we could shop together sometime as we have very similar shopping styles it seems:)