CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Safety

Today marks day 5 of my days without my honey. Monday we went to Butte Montana (which is a pretty neat town) lots of old buildings and houses but not much for food and stuff. Monday night all I wanted was a Jamba Juice or some sort of fresh fruit smoothie, we drove all over that stinkin town and nothing, I finally asked someone and I was told that the mall had smoothies so we track down the mall, go inside, find the deli thing which did have smoothies! yes finally We were dying for one! We get to the counter and I ask the girl if they had smoothies and her reply was "can I be honest with you? they are made with fresh fruit but they have lots of sugar in them!!!" "but I can still make you one?" our response umm no that's okay see ya. My honey is a saint to deal with me sometimes, all that hunt for a delicious smoothie and now all we found was fruit flavored sugar. Daniel was a little offended we couldn't figure out if she was too lazy to make them or she was helping us watch our figures, well either way we went to Taco Hell and got some pintos & cheese which Daniel had never had, and is brilliant!

This may seem strange to those of you who aren't dog people but proceed.... before Daniel left he sat our dogs down, looked then in the eyes and gave them a "be good and protect mom talk" He told them that every night when I wash my face to hang out by me because I always get scared and Daniel always stayed in the bathroom with me with his hand on my back so I knew he was there, Now Teddy lays in the bathroom wiht me nightly and they have really been good dogs even though I'm sure they are sad that daddy left it's really like they know they need to PROTECT me. I love it.

I hadn't heard anything from my honey since Tuesday when he got to Basic, but tonight The Missionaries at the AFB he is at called me to say that my husband is doing great, and they are sending me pictures and stuff. His contact with the outside world is limited so they make it more possible to keep in touch. Happy sabbath! That is what I needed, just any word and THEY SAW HIM!!!! Im excited again, scared about life but excited. It's wacky that I am a Military wife, it doesn't feel real. I'm super excited to see him in his uniform! They had 16 members at church today there at basic! They had a Fast & Testimony meeting, which I would have loved to be a fly on the wall there! WOW!!! I love this Gospel what a blessing it is to have it in our lives, it's our unshakable bond!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaitlynn, you are such a strong women! I'm so glad we could sit with you in sacrament today! Please let me know if there is anything you need. You are so strong to be there and its great you have your doggies to protect you.

Ali said...

Awesome that the members are networking and helping you feel better about things. That story of your dogs protecting you is super cute. I want a dog SO bad...they seriously are a best friend. I miss my dog from home...

Michele said...

Hey Kaitlyn, I have been thinking about you alot lately and wondering how you are doing. I feel so awful that I didn't get to see Daniel another time before he left! Don't think I am crazy if I call you on a whim, since I haven't really called out of the blue in the past. I usually just call Daniel. I think I would go crazy if Brian was away as long as Daniel will be. Take care, you can call me, to, anytime. Michele

Kaela said...

Sorry about your smoothie experience- that girl needs to be fired! Not that she did the worst thing in the world, but I would say she is definitely bad for business and who needed that awkward moment? Anyway, good luck with your hubby gone. I am glad you have your dogs and love that Daniel had a talk with them before he left! My prayers are with you!!