CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rain... PLEASE stay

It's raining and has been off and on all day, I LOVE IT! Sylus hates it because typically it comes with thunder or vice versa, he gets a little scared! It's funny becasue the F-15s don't bother him which are crazy loud but some crashing thunder has him quivering, what a lamb! So it's raining and I am trying this new using my resources thing, so I decided to put a 3 gallon bucket under a drip off the outside of my house, then I would use the water to water my garden and such, well the bucket was full in no more than 40 seconds so I panic, go inside and grad a 30 gallon tub (just curious you know) I put that under the drip/waterfall and it was full in less than 15 minutes, we now have about 50 gallons or less of great water to use. I love it, we love it ,it cuts down on having to use the hose we have been putting off getting a sprinkler.. but just when you think your grass is dying it "rains buckets!"
Also I'll have you know that last week we pulled up the carpet and pad in the T.V room and now we can walk in the door and enjoy the house with out smelling stinky filthy car urine... good cats are fine whatever but sick cats that pee on the carpet.. lets get real folks... ugh!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Yes it has been raining like cats and dogs here for a while now as well. So nice. We havent had to water are yard once yet. But I like the thought of buckets to store it in so you can use it later. That is awesome!